We are beyond excited for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2014! But it has us nostalgic of all the amazing things that have happened in past years during this extremely-hectic-but-equally-magical week! Like when Shalom Harlow in Dress No. 13 was literally designed before our eyes during McQueen’s Spring/Summer 1999 show. Take a peak below at our top 5 Most Memorable Throwbacks to Fashion Week’s past.
1.Alexander McQueen, Spring/Summer 1999, New York, NY
Ever blending the lines between fine art and fashion, McQueen demonstrated his unique eye for both with this collection.
2. Pierre Cardin, Spring/Summer 2008, Mingsha Mountain in the Gobi Desert
Pierre Cardin is known for his audacious approach to fashion, his presentation in the middle of the desert is a perfect
3. Alexander McQueen, Autumn/Winter 2006, Paris, France
Kate Moss appeared in McQueen’s “Widow’s of Culloden” collection, ending his show with a standing ovation and launching Moss’ comeback.
4. Chanel Carousel, Fall RTW 2008, Paris, France
Karl Lagerfeld designed an adult’s dreamland in the form of a carousel covered in oversized pearls and dreamy flowers.
5. Chanel’s 265-ton Iceberg, Fall 2010, Paris, France
Karl Lagerfeld again went over the top with designing this 265-ton Iceberg brought over from Sweden for this outlandish runway show!
6. Viktor and Rolf’s Sculpture Dresses, Spring/Summer 2010, Paris, France
Chopped, structured, and modern, Viktor and Rolf perfected their cuts during SS10 in Paris.