Gregory Alan is one of our personal favorite editorial hairstylists here at SARAHPOTEMPA, Inc! He has assisted Sarah for many years on editorial shoots, runway shows, and styling celebrities. He was also part of the styling team for our Sarah Potempa/Sarah Silver shoot (fabulous images below!)
Gregory worked with Sheena Trivedi for her presentation in midtown for Fashion Week FW ’13. He styled the two models using The WRAP UP™ for Sheena’s futuristic inspired collection. He was inspired by the mod cuts of the clothing and wanted a hairstyle to match, so he chose to stack two WRAP UPs™ to achieve this innovative, double halo look.
1. Prep wet hair with flexible mousse (Gregory loves Salon Grafix Styling Mousse)
2. Blow dry smooth
3. Section out crown, from ear to ear
*See image below for Steps 4, 5, & 6!
4. Stack both WRAP UPs™ and slide down front section of hair
5. Over direct tension with each rotation until you reach the crown
6. Close each side of the WRAP UP™
7. Use The BEACHWAVER™ on the remaining section of the hair and tease by using the “On Set” Styling Brush. Apply a light finishing hairspray to finish the look.
Voila! What innovative looks have you created using The WRAP UP™?