Spring On with this Season’s Beauty and Hair Essentials!
Are you packing for Spring break or just trying to vamp up your style for the warmer weather?? Check out Intern Ali’s take on her “Top Spring Essentials.”
Tweet us your go-to products in beauty and hair this season @sarahpotempa, #SPSpringOn!
Ever wonder what goes into the gorgeous hairstyles walking down the Red Carpet on Oscar night? We do! With celebrity hairstylist Sarah Potempa taking part in some of those very looks, we have the inside scoop on what it takes and how you can re-create them in a snap. Be sure to stop back on Monday March 4th for our breakdowns of the night’s most popular looks.
Before you go, check out Intern Ali’s recreation of her favorite celeb style from the Oscar’s 2013 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMpTJbywo_M
Amy Adams Sweet and Sultry Updo from Oscar Night 2013
1. Start with beachwaved hair, running your fingers through the curls to really break them up
2. Section the crown of your head. Taking 3 sections, tease each one of the other and smoothing out (but not to much) the top layer.
3. Gather all hair at the nape of the neck and pull into a ponytail
4. Using the WRAP UP, pull hair through at a side angle and wrap inwards (think French Twist).
5. Bend the top end of the WRAP UP down and the bottom end up. Spread hair around the the base and begin to bobby pin at creases.
6. Use hairpins to pull any last minute pieces together. Remember to leave an “undone” effect
Don’t forget to check out some pre-oscar prep with QVC, tonight at the Red Carpet event featuring yours truly, SARAHPOTEMPA at 8pm PST
Valentine’s Day Do’s
Tis the season of love. Whether you’re enjoying a romantic evening with that special someone or you and the girls are hitting the town, try something new with these fun and flirty styles to ring in the holiday of hearts.
Dannijo’s Fall/Winter 2014 presentation was focused around the ballerina and the boxer. The theme coined BOXERina was brought to life at the Eyebeam Studios including a boxing ring set, the delicate dancers wore the fall collection of jewels (complete with tutus!). Sarah’s vision behind the hair focused on marrying the graceful nature of the ballerina and the tough appearance of a boxer. She also wanted to create a look that would flatter from all angles while still carrying out the devoted Dannijo theme. The hair style was a funky faux hawk created with the Wrap Up and Half Up. Below are the steps on how she created this look, faux real:
1. Spray a flexible hairspray onto the On Set Styling Brush and pull hair into 6 small pony tails down the middle of the head, in the shape of a Mohawk. Secure with clear elastics.
2. Apply Aussie Miraculously Smooth Gel to roots to tame flyaways and add shine. The tightness will complete the ballerina part of the look while the faux hawk will represent the boxer.
3. Using the On Set Styling Brush begin to tease each individual pony tail in a downward motion.
4. Combining two ponytails at a time, use one SARAHPOTEMPA Half Up on the top two ponies, the WRAP UP on the two middle ponies and the Half Up on last two ponies. Take two pony tails through The WRAP UP/Half Up. As you roll down, leave two inches of the ends out. Bend the ends of the Half Up/WRAP UP in, keeping the shape of the Mohawk. Pin in place
5.Repeat with the rest of the pony tails.
6. Tease loose pieces, twist and pin around the bun to give the faux hawk more texture leaving ends out for whispy, undone pieces.
February is American Heart Month and the American Heart Association launched it’s “Go Red for Women” campaign to bring awareness to the issue of heart disease among women. The Red Dress fashion show brings together female celebrities and Olympic athletes to raise awareness of the cause. Our team was there last night, check out some of the gorgeous ladies in red!
Emily and Grace attended BCBGMAXAZRIA on Thursday, kicking off Fall/Winter ’14 Fashion Week. The collection was filled with muted pastels and fur accents. Hairstylist Laurent Philippon styled the models hair with a deep side part and faux bob. Check it out the photos below and the video here!
The 56th Annual GRAMMY Awards are this Sunday, January 26th. So, naturally all of us girls here at SP, Inc. were reflecting on our favorite past looks. Take a peek! We’re excited to see who stuns on the red carpet this year!
The 2013 GRAMMY Awards housed a lot of our favorites. Rihanna‘s gorgeous beachwaves, Taylor Swift’s soft and playful braided crown, Solange Knowles‘ au natural curls, and Florence Welch’s sweet low bun with textured pieces. Alicia Keys’ upside down french braid into a bouffant stunned at the 2012 Award show. Last but not least, the late Whitney Houston at the 1986 Grammy Awards where she took home her first Grammy for “Saving All My Love for You.” Whitney’s hair was just as timeless as she was. Come back on Monday for a re-cap of our 2014 favorites!
Sunday night was the 2014 Golden Globe Awards held by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. Our eyes were obviously on all the luxurious… locks! A few of our favorites even took home a Globe, including Amy Adams for Best Actress in a Comedy (American Hustle) and Cate Blanchett for Best Actress in a Drama (Blue Jasmine).
Take a look below at some of our favorite undos, updos, faux bobs, and beachwaves! And tune in for tutorials on how to create these Red Carpet looks on yourself!